What is a phishing attempt?
Phishing is a fraudulent technique that consists in luring the recipient to obtain their personal data (bank account, password, etc.). This can take several forms: an email, a text message, or even a phone call.
⚠️ Warning: Please note that Shadow will never ask you for the following information:
Your credit card code
Your authentication code
If a third party claiming to be from Shadow asks you for any of the above information, do not respond to this request. It is a fraud attempt.
To learn more about phishing, you can directly go to one of the following topics:
How to detect a phishing attempt?
When you receive a suspicious request, we advise you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Check the sender: Do you know them? In the case of an email, is the domain misspelled?
- Check the content: Were you expecting this message? Does the request seem legitimate? Is the language level appropriate? Are you being asked to download something? To pay for something?
- Check the links: Hover over the links or long click on your smartphone. Does the address look suspicious to you?
⚠️ If in doubt, you can contact us to confirm the message or call you received.
How to protect yourself against phishing attempts?
- Even if a request does not appear to be suspicious, we still encourage you to take the following precautions when opening a link or downloading a file:
- Make sure that your browser is up to date
- Open PDF files with your browser rather than with an application/software such as Adobe Reader.
- Be very careful if your authentication is requested. The goal of the attackers is to steal your account. The address will always begin with https://auth.shadow.tech, https://hydra.shadow.tech, or https://kratos.shadow.tech.
- We invite you to use different and complex passwords for each of your accounts. This will limit the scope of action of the person who initiated the fraud in case of password theft.
I think I'm the victim of a phishing attempt. How should I react?
You have shared your bank details: we invite you to contact your bank as soon as possible to stop the payment
You have shared your Shadow password: we strongly advise you to change your Shadow password or the password of the social media you use to authenticate yourself.
⚠️ Warning: If you can no longer log in to your account, it is possible that your account has been hacked. In this case, we invite you to contact Support via another e-mail address and to specify the hacked e-mail address in the content of your message to proceed with identity verification.
"The User is responsible for taking all necessary measures to back up and protect his or her Data, in particular against viruses circulating on the Internet. It is also the responsibility of the User to perform regular backups of his or her data, including the Data, on a medium outside of the Services and by all means at the User’s convenience (for example, with the help of an external storage drive or a storage service in the cloud).”