R:108, R:109, and R:110 occur if your apps, settings, or network are conflicting with your device's connection to our servers. If closing and reopening the Shadow application does not resolve the error, this guide will help you identify and solve the problem.
Check Shadow's status
Visit our status page to see if your server is under maintenance. We recommend checking the server nearest to your location for reference.
If there are no updates related to the error, continue to connect to a different network.
Connect to a different network
Connect your device to a different network or use a different device. To do this, switch to another WiFi or 4G network, or use a smartphone or other device available to you. Try starting Shadow after you've applied these changes.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
Complete the tasks listed below until the issue is resolved. If you are not able to complete a task, proceed to the next item.
- Disable your Antivirus, Firewall, VPN, or proxy.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router/modem.
- Restart your router/modem:
- Disconnect any Ethernet cables from the modem, then turn off the modem.
- After 60 seconds, turn on the modem and monitor the lights on the front. Fewer lights generally indicate a problem with the modem.
- Once your internet connection is available, connect your devices.
For other troubleshooting tips, see how to troubleshoot your internet connection.
If issues persist, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for any potential issues affecting their services and/or your location.