Looking to start over on your Shadow? Resetting Shadow is often the simplest solution; especially if you're looking to resolve technical issues or remove malware quickly. Now you can reset Shadow from your account. A reset takes approximately 30 minutes, up to an hour. For more information, see the instructions below.
- Resetting Windows removes anything stored on your Shadow's hard drive.
- Back up any files you'd like to keep with an external storage device or a cloud storage service.
- Contact Support for assistance downloading files from your Shadow.
To reset your Shadow:
- Log in to My Account, then click My Shadow > Reset my Shadow and delete all my data.
- Select the reason you want to reset your Shadow from the drop-down menu, then click Continue.
To enter a different reason, select Other.
- Choose Shadow Ready to Play (a) or Manual Configuration (b), then click Continue.
- For security purposes, enter your password, then click Confirm.
Your account will display a notification confirming your reset has started. Wait at least 30 minutes before starting your Shadow to avoid interrupting the process.
If you've waited more than an hour and Shadow will not start, contact a Support Hero to check the status. A Support Hero can also initiate another reset on your behalf.