Shadow requires the right usage conditions to offer the best experience possible and show its true performances. This guide provides some useful advices to avoid any latency while using Shadow for gaming.
Don’t forget to check the Beginner's guide for further tips on how to configure your devices to use Shadow properly.
- Connect the Shadow box or device using an ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi
A Wi-Fi connection can be unstable, unlike an ethernet cable.
- Plug mouse and keyboard in the front USB port of the Shadow Box
As for WiFi, Bluetooth can be unstable depending on the peripheral and its usage.
- Check the condition of your cables
Plug the cables in a different device to check their condition.
- Disconnect other devices from the local internet
Using multiple devices on the same internet connection can create a slow experience.
- Lower the broadband usage
In the Shadow Box control panel or in the apps settings to match the internet capacity.
- Enable the automatic bandwidth feature
For the internet connection to adapt automatically to the local usage, change this in the app launcher or in the Shadow Box control panel.
- Unplug mic, webcam or external storage
These devices require a good internet connection and create latency if the connection is not sufficient.
- Set the right resolution and refresh rate
This optimizes the use of Shadow and your internet connection. Check our Beginner's guide for help.
- Enable / Disable the “Gaming Mode” on Mac, Android TV and normal TV
Check our Beginner's guide for help.
- Install games on the included Shadow storage instead of external storage
External storage requires a very good internet connection, so install games on Shadow directly.
- Deactivate the Vertical Synchronization from the games
The V-Sync option consumes more GPU and does not add anything to the Shadow experience.
- Update Windows 10 and the Nvidia drivers
Always update to benefit from the latest fixes and optimized overall performance.
- Avoid these usages in Shadow
Find the list of Not recommended for Shadow here, this list contains uses that can seriously disrupt the functionality of Shadow and even block your account.
- Disable the local GPU
Some old graphics cards may not be compatible with the Windows Shadow application.